People have long thought about how to cure varicose veins. The greatest minds in the field of medicine, such as Hippocrates, Galen, and Avicenna, were engaged in the search for ways to treat this disease.
The very word "varicose veins" from Latin is translated as "swollen". This is due to the fact that varicose veins of the lower extremities are nothing but vascular pathologies of this area of the body, caused by dysfunction of intravenous valves, which means blood stasis and deformation of veins.
If you find symptoms of varicose veins, such as a network of capillaries that appeared on the surface of the skin, swelling (especially in the evening after a hard day), pain, fullness in the leaf area, cramps, cyanotic varicose veins, it is necessary to contact a phlebologist as soon as possible.
If the disease is not very advanced yet, then there is probably no need for surgery yet and the patient will have to treat varicose veins at home.
Ways to get rid of varicose veins at home
What can be done to treat varicose veins at home? There are a number of methods that involve treating varicose veins at home, and they can be divided into several main subgroups:
- Outdoor products that you can prepare yourself.
- Home remedies taken orally.
- water procedures.
In addition, medications may be included here, but they must be used strictly in accordance with the recommendations and instructions of the doctor. It is not recommended to use them alone!
How can you treat varicose veins on your legs at home with external means? Only a colossal amount of such means has been invented, these can be ointments and coatings, as well as various rubbing agents.
- A very popular way to treat varicose veins at home by rubbing wild chestnuts. To prepare, take 1 bottle of vodka, pour 2 tablespoons of ground chestnuts into it. The infusion is prepared for 21 days in a dark place, and the container must be shaken daily. After that, the contents of the bottle must be drained through gauze and squeezed. With this product we impregnate a piece of gauze, tie sore feet, insulate with film and a blanket, remove in the morning. The course of treatment is 14 days.
- Another effective and popular home remedy for varicose veins is apple cider vinegar. But it is not possible to make compresses from it for a long time, such a treatment takes 40 minutes.
- And now we will figure out how to cure varicose veins at home with celandine. To do this, take half a cup of dry raw materials, pour 1 liter of water, bring to a boil and cool. Then strain, moisten a piece of gauze with a decoction and wrap it around the affected area of the foot, heat the compress in the usual way. Now you have to lie down for about an hour in complete peace, after which the dressing should be removed. The course of application is 7 days, followed by a weekly break.
- Girls, varicose veins are treated at home with kefir and yogurt compresses. You can simply make a kefir wrap, or you can take yogurt, add wormwood leaves and flowers (pre-ground). Do this wrap at night for 7 days in a row, alternating with a break of 7 days.
- To prepare the miraculous ointment for varicose veins, take chicory, cuff, meadow, St. John's wort, coltsfoot in equal parts, boil with 250 ml of water. When the soup has cooled, mix it with olive oil. This is a great base for dressings, which should also be applied at intervals of seven days.
- "Ichthyol ointment" is also suitable for the treatment of varicose veins with improvised home remedies. You will also need honey, freshly squeezed aloe juice, melted fat. We take only 1 tablespoon, put it on a low heat and, stirring, boil, turn off the gas, cool the fat.
What else can be used besides external means to fight varicose veins at home?
There are many recipes on how to cure varicose veins at home with the help of medications, and probably every patient will be able to choose one of them to their liking.
- You can also take the mentioned apple cider vinegar orally if you want to speed up the healing of varicose veins. The method of treatment is extremely simple - it is necessary to dilute 20-30 grams of vinegar in 250 ml of water and drink 2 times a day after meals, at regular intervals.
- And here is a honey-based medicine. Take 400 ml of honey that needs to be poured with 250 grams of pre-chopped garlic and leave for about a week. You should take 1 tablespoon of the medicine before meals (about half an hour) until you have used it completely.
- Apple infusion. The best are, for example, apples of sour varieties. Cut 3-4 fruits into several small pieces, put in a sherpa, pour boiling water over them. Insist for 3-4 hours, then mash the skillfully softened apples into a puree in water, leave to stand for another hour. Such a drug should be drunk before meals, adding a little honey to taste.
- The medicinal product of mummies will perfectly help your feet. Take 1 tablet, dissolve it in 250 ml of water. The drug should be taken 2 times a day before meals. This tool is very effective, you will appreciate its positive effect after 3 days of use, because the pain and swelling in the problematic area of the leaves will become much less pronounced.
- Nutmeg is also great for varicose veins. Grind 1 cup of walnuts, pour 1 bottle of certified vodka, insist for a few weeks. Then strain carefully. The drug should be taken 30 minutes before meals (three times a day), 20 drops, until the end of the infusion.
Many people ask the question, what to do with varicose veins at home, if there is a craving for sports?
Of course, a heavy load of sore leaves should be avoided, but moderate, gentle exercises aimed at strengthening the leaf muscles will be a very effective help. Tight leaf muscles, which support unhealthy venous vessels, help normalize blood pressure inside the veins, which will save them from further deformations and stretching.
Treating varicose veins at home will take a long time if the patient neglects sports exercises that improve health.
Before you start a physical therapy course, you need to remember a few simple rules.
- It is recommended to perform exercises in compression stockings, specially made for the treatment of varicose veins.
- In the process of performing gymnastics, it is necessary to control the pulse rate and respiration.
- The load should be gradually increased, as the body gets used to it.
- You must combine physical exercises with a special diet based on the exclusion of fatty, salty, spicy, as well as alcohol and strong teas.
Not only will it help normalize weight, but it will also speed up recovery.
Examples of exercises
So, what exercises can you do at home to get rid of varicose veins?
You need to take a small wooden beam about 10 cm high (it is a perfect and unnecessarily thick book), put it on the floor. Then you should stand on it so that your heels are on the floor. Raise your heels 15 times, then rest. If necessary (and desired) all exercises can be repeated.
Take a small ball (a tennis ball works great), place it under your feet and turn it in several directions. This exercise is also good because it can be combined with other activities.
Lie on the floor after you have laid the carpet. Bending your legs at a right angle, flexion and extension of the ankles. After 10 repetitions, take a break by releasing tension by rotating your feet clockwise and counterclockwise.
How to treat blood vessels of the legs at home with exercise "bike"? This requires a fitness mat and an understanding that it is not advisable to tear your back and pelvis off the floor!
Without changing position, lift your legs and straighten them. We perform 90 degree bends with our hands placed under the pelvic area. It is recommended to perform this exercise 10-15 times.
Roll over on your stomach and raise your legs alternately 15-20 centimeters, holding them lightly in the air. You should not allow strong stress, so rest if necessary.
Sit on the floor with your legs outstretched in front of you. We take our hands behind our backs, they will serve as our support. Now alternately raise your legs by 30-40 centimeters, holding each of them in the air for 10 seconds.
Baths and showers
How else can you treat varicose veins at home? Various baths and showers will perfectly strengthen the venous vessels and improve blood circulation.
It can also be a well-known contrast shower, and alternately pouring cold water on the leaves of the feet. You can also wipe sore feet with pieces of ice, or you can prepare a healing foot bath by adding herbs. It can be chamomile or coltsfoot, sage and nettle.
In addition, do not forget about such a great opportunity to strengthen not only the veins, but also the whole body, with the help of swimming. In summer you can go to the river or lake, as well as the sea, in cold weather you can visit the pool.
As for drug therapy, for the treatment of varicose veins at home, the doctor may prescribe venotonics.
To prevent the occurrence of blood clots, drugs that act to thin the blood are prescribed. In addition, ordinary aspirin and drugs based on it are an excellent blood thinner.
There are many ways to get rid of varicose veins at home, and each of them can be a great help in treatment. However, it is important to remember the presence of individual contraindications to the use of any drug, and also be sure to talk to your doctor about the entire home complex of anti-varicose measures.
Do not forget also about the doses and period of treatment, they must fully comply with the information provided on the prescription and / or recommended by the doctor.
In addition, adherence to dietary restrictions, rejection of alcohol and tobacco is also a necessary measure in the elimination of varicose veins. Get well soon and feel great!